The Lee County Charitable Fund is a volunteer grant committee made up of board members from The North Lee County Community Foundation and The Keokuk Area Community Foundation. The Lee County Charitable Fund Endowment is held in trust at The Keokuk Area Community Foundation. Every year, The Lee County Charitable Fund makes grants to ONLY Lee County, Iowa 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations and qualified governmental agencies.
All grants are not awarded in the following areas: general operating expenses for an organization’s routine functions and principal programs, annual fund drives, fundraising events or endowment-building campaign, debt reduction or retirement, religious organizations for sacramental or theological purposes, political or lobbying activities, scholarships for primary and secondary education and post-secondary degree programs, expenses for projects and programs that have already occurred or will occur during the grant review process and projects that occur outside of Lee County, Iowa.
- This year, grants are available up to $5,000.00.
- Only one project per organization will be considered.
Examples of Projects That May Receive Priority Funding
- Projects, organizations, or projects that address and help resolve important existing or emerging community issues.
- Seed grants to initiate promising new projects and programs so that those projects and programs are able to demonstrate their usefulness to the community.
- Projects that will enable non-profit and charitable agencies to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and move toward self-sufficiency.
- Projects that improve the quality or scope of charitable works in the community.
- Projects for which other grants have been approved but require matching funds for completion.
501 C (3) Determination Letter
- In all Lee County Charitable Fund applications, please attach one (1) copy of the grant applicant’s up-to-date IRS Determination Letter establishing that the applicant is a 501 (c) (3) organization or a notarized form demonstrating that the organization is a qualified exempt government agency of Lee County, Iowa.
- If the organization receives a grant, the address listed on the IRS 501 (c) (3) Determination Letter will be used in the payment (please make sure the contact information of the organization’s IRS 501 (c) (3) Determination Letter is up to date).