The 2017 Motorola Solutions Foundation grant program is currently open and invites inquiry requests for public safety and/or technology education programming for international organizations and institutions.
The Motorola Solutions Foundation is the charitable and philanthropic arm of Motorola Solutions, originally founded in 1953. With employees located around the globe, Motorola Solutions seeks to benefit the communities where it operates. The company achieves this by making strategic grants, forging strong community partnerships and fostering innovation.
The Motorola Solutions Foundation will focus its giving in two key areas:
Technology & Engineering Education:
- Engages students in innovative, hands-on technology and
- engineering activities, such as coding, programming and robotics
- Provides vocational skills and certifications in engineering or
- information technology
- Helps teachers improve their teaching of STEM subjects
- Elevates system change through field-building
- High priority will be placed on middle school-university programs
Public Safety Education:
- Provides professional development and training opportunities to first responders, including wellness programs
- Leads safety and disaster preparedness trainings for the general public
- Prepares youth and young adults for careers in public safety through outreach and educational programs
- Provides support programs to families of first responders, including recovery support
- Invests in education and training scholarships for public safety
- professionals as well as family of fallen first responders
Entities can apply for grant requests maximum of up to $50,000.
- Motorola Solutions Foundation strongly prioritizes programs that take place in or near the metropolitan area of Motorola Solutions offices around the world.
- Organizations will be required to adhere to location requirement when applying for funding. Motorola Solutions is a multinational company with large offices in dozens of countries and consequently values partnerships around the globe.
- Organizations must be able to demonstrate how their program will provide measureable change and impact. Specific outcome reporting will be required of all grant partners.
How to Apply
Interested entities must submit inquiry requests online via given website.
For more information, please visit Motorola Solutions Foundations Grants.