Applications are now open for the Nuffic’s Orange Knowledge Programme- a Dutch funding programme that contributes to societies’ social and economic development by strengthening the knowledge and skills of professionals and organizations.
This is achieved through focusing on education, in collaboration with Dutch knowledge organizations.
- The program strengthens the knowledge and skills of professionals active in the priority fields through scholarships and training and builds the capacity of organizations in higher education and TVET (Technical Vocational Education & Training), in collaboration with Dutch knowledge institutions.
The programme offers opportunities in fields related to the priority themes of the Dutch government:
- Food and nutrition security
- Water, energy and climate
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Security and the rule of law
- The countries in the program each focus on one or more of these themes. Together with the local embassy they decide which themes are applicable for each country. They do this by focusing on the local needs of each participating country.
In addition, the following cross-cutting themes are important in all participating countries:
- Private sector development
- Inclusivity of women and marginalized groups
- Budget: € 22 0 million
- Duration: from mid-2017 to mid-2022
- Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Colombia, Guinea, Egypt, Guatemala, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Ghana, Liberia, Indonesia, Niger, Iraq, Nigeria, Jordan, Senegal, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Mali, Somalia, Mozambique, South Sudan, Myanmar, Sudan, Palestinian Territories, Suriname, Rwanda, Yemen, South Africa, Zambia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda and Vietnam.