Parkinson’s Foundation is accepting applications for the 2021 Community Grants Program to further the health, wellness and education of people with Parkinson’s disease (PD) across the nation.
The Foundation funds programs that make an impact in local PD communities. They fund programs that are impactful, sustainable, scalable and measurable. In addition, the programs they fund serve new and existing grant-supported areas and/or pilot programs through:
- Wellness and Exercise Programs (i.e., yoga, dance, non-contact boxing, Tai Chi, cycling);
- Voice/Music/Art Therapy Programs;
- Educational Programs/Event.
The 2021 grant cycle will focus on:
- Services for diverse and underserved populations;
- Initiatives that reach the newly diagnosed;
- Programs that address mental health and Parkinson’s disease.
- Community grants range from $5,000 to $25,000 per grant application. Award recipients will be announced in June 2021. The grant funding period will occur from July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
- The community grants program is open to communities nationwide. Eligible organizations must operate on the local level (or be an affiliate/chapter of a larger organization that operates locally). Applications will be limited to the following categories of applicants:
- Non-profit and other tax-exempt organizations;
- Other organizations;
- Healthcare facilities.
- Parkinson’s Foundation community grants are meant to reach and help people with Parkinson’s through community-based programs. Foundation grants will not support the following:
- Salary cost for individuals employed by their organization;
- Capital expenses (i.e., computers, furniture, building fixtures);
- Exercise equipment (i.e., bikes, treadmills, weights, boxing equipment, etc.);
- Indirect costs (i.e., administrative, facility fees, facility rent, utilities, insurance, and/or general office expenses);
- Travel for staff/facilitators;
- Individual/staff memberships, accreditations, instructor training programs and/or licensing;
- Individual support is not permitted.
How to Apply?
- All applicants can apply electronically via an online grants application system at Proposal Central. Applicants will need to create an account to submit a grant application.
- Applications Due: January 29, 2021.
- Award Notifications: Mid–Late June 2021.
- Grant Period: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.