The Pollination Project supports individuals who are ready to launch a new social change effort and need some seed capital to get started. Applications are encouraged from people who can lead projects that will grow and change the world. Funding will be provided for the infrastructure, outreach and other tangible things for the start up projects.
The Pollination Project is a global funding platform that provides small startup grants to individual change makers and projects that promote compassion around the world.
The Pollination Project makes seed grants, 365 days a year, to individual social change agents who seek to spread compassion in their communities and in the world for the benefits of all. Pollination Project seeks to fund at the very grassroots to the projects that are created by and with those who are impacted.
The Pollination Project has been started from 1 January, 2013 and has provided funding to nearly 1000 seed grants in 55 countries.
The Pollination Project makes initial grants of $500- $1,000. Successful grantees become eligible for larger impact grants of up to $5000 and other support.
Major Funding Areas
- Animal rights and welfare
- Arts and culture
- Economic empowerment
- Environmental sustainability
- Health and wellness
- Human rights and dignity
- Kindness and generosity
- Leadership development
- Schools and education
- The foundation does not fund projects outside the US. In order to facilitate payment to international grantees, grants made outside the US require a bank account or paypal account for payment.
- International grants must be for projects that are conducted entirely outside of the US.
- Passionate, committed people with a social change vision that fits within one or more of the categories above are eligible to apply for the grants.
- Applicants must have their projects in their early stage of development.
- Projects with a clear target audience and compelling plan to reach and impact that target audience in a positive way will be preferred. Projects must not expect to earn income or any income will be used for a purely charitable effort.
- Funding will not be made for the same project twice or ongoing operations of projects.
How to Apply
- First, applicants are required to complete the prescreen questionnaire available on the website. It will then direct you to the online application link.
- In addition to the written application form, applicants are required to create an informal, short (2-3 minute) video explaining your project. Video can be uploaded via sharing website. Send the link with the application materials.
- Successful applicants will be informed in 6 weeks.
For more information, visit https://thepollinationproject.org/.