Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME AND PRIORITY ISSUES
- The main objective of this Call for Proposals is to promote development education and raise public awareness on development and cooperation policies.
- The specific objective of this call for proposals is to provide support for and promote quality development education and awareness raising among the European public.
- The proposed projects must foster a growing awareness and critical understanding of the role, responsibility and lifestyles of the public in relation to an interdependent world.
- It should motivate their effective involvement in local and global Actions in support of the social, economic, and environmental dimensions of sustainable development.
- increased public awareness of global interdependencies between the European Union and developing countries;
- increased public awareness of the global agenda on development, including the Sustainable Development Goals, the Paris Agreement10 and Habitat III.
- Increased public awareness of the role of EU development cooperation;
- changing attitudes and improved public understanding of issues and difficulties facing developing countries and their peoples, in particular migration;
- increased active engagement of the European public in major development debates and attempts to eradicate global poverty, promote justice, human rights, gender equality and sustainable ways of living;
- better integration of development issues into formal and non-formal education systems in EU Member States;
- higher level of engagement to promote coherence for development11;
- increased coordination, cohesion and coherence of development education on the European level and at EU Member State level;
- Increased engagement of LAs and associations of LAs in development education and awareness raising.
- All Actions shall be based on an initiative of a CSO, an association of CSO, a LA or an Association of LAs from one of the Member States where the Action takes place. This CSO, association of CSO, LA or ALA shall be involved in all stages of the implementation of the Action.
- This is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes (Annex A.1) must be submitted for evaluation.
- Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
- After the evaluation of the full applications, an eligibility check will be performed for those which have been provisionally selected.
- Eligibility will be checked on the basis of the supporting documents requested by the Contracting Authority and the signed ‘declaration by the lead applicant’ sent together with the full application.
- We draw the attention to Article 6.5. of the "General Conditions" (Annexe G to the present Guidelines), which stipulates that the purpose, duration, location and maximum amount of the grant together with the name and address of the beneficiaries (i.e. including the lead-applicants, co-applicants and affiliated entities if any) will be published.
- Derogation from publication of this information may be granted if it could endanger the beneficiary/ies or harm their interest.