About the organization
National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute for research, capacity building and dissemination of knowledge for the urban sector in India. It conducts research on urbanization, urban policy and planning, municipal finance and governance, land economics, transit oriented development, urban livelihoods, environment & climate change and smart cities.
About the Project
The National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is presently collaborating with the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) for preparing the Master Plan for Delhi 2041 (MPD 2041) as an Enabling Strategic Plan. MPD 2041 seeks to be proactive and forward-looking in nature that accounts for current, emerging and anticipated drivers of urban development. In order to develop a detailed understanding of the present status, opportunities and issues, NIUA is arrying out an exhaustive analysis of the baseline status of various planning sectors such as economy, shelter, environment, etc. As part of this exercise, NIUA intends to commission detailed studies in specific subject areas of interest to develop a comprehensive understanding of respective sectors.
About the Requirement
As part of the strategic planning exercise being undertaken for MPD-2041, it will be critical to understand the overall trends in demography, economy and employment and estimate the likely future characteristics, volume and directions of growth. The three aspects are intrinsically linked to each other and will have to be studied in conjunction, through a mix of secondary data analysis, projections and estimations, secondary research of existing literature/papers on these aspects for Delhi, as well as short industry surveys and discussions with key stakeholders. Through this RFP, NIUA wishes to appoint a reputed and experienced academic and/or research institution with expertise in population studies, economics and statistics (“Selected Institution”) to undertake such a detailed study for Delhi.
Schedule for submission of the Proposal
- Release of this RFP (through NIUA website) 15-07-2019 - 13.00 hrs
- Deadline for submission of queries online at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your name, address, phone no., subject and query in clarity 19-07-2019 - 17.00 hrs
- Pre-bid meeting at National Institute of Urban Affairs, Conference Room, 2nd Floor, Core 4B, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi road, New Delhi – 110003. 23-07-2019 - 11.00 hrs
- Deadline for Proposal submission in hard copy format at National Institute of Urban Affairs, 2nd Floor, Core 4B, India
- Habitat Centre, Lodhi road, New Delhi – 110003. 30-07-2019 – 17.00 hrs
- Opening of Technical Bid at National Institute of Urban Affairs, Conference Room, 2nd Floor, Core 4B, India Habitat
- Centre, Lodhi road, New Delhi – 110003. 31-07-2019 – 11.00 hrs
- Opening of Financial Bid at National Institute of Urban Affairs, Conference Room, 2nd Floor, Core 4B, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi road, New Delhi – 110003.
- Will be intimated later to shortlisted applicants
Area of Study:
- The study will broadly cover aspects of demography, economy and employment in NCT Delhi and in the CNCR, with specific focus on major urban centres. While NCT Delhi is expected to be covered in detail, relevant aspects (as indicated in the following sections) shall be covered for all major urban centres of the CNCR.
- The Selected Institution shall undertake a mix of the following types of activities to ensure high quality outputs as part of the study:
- Collation and analysis of all relevant secondary data related to demography, economy and employment, e.g. Census data, Economic Census data, NSSO data, etc.
- Review of relevant articles/papers on Delhi and reports such as Economic Survey, Annual Survey of Industries, Sample Registration System (SRS), National Family Health Survey (NFHS), Reports of Industry Groups, etc.
- Consultations and focus-group discussions with relevant stakeholders such as industry groups, labour organisations, hawkers organisations, market research organisations, relevant government line departments and agencies etc.
Scope of Work
In order to develop a complete understanding of Delhi’s travel patterns and formulate strategies to improve the efficacy of Delhi’s transportation system, NIUA proposes to undertake detailed studies of the existing mobility patterns in Delhi. The purpose of this study is to map existing mobility patterns in Delhi (both within the city and at a regional scale (especially CNCR towns) by conducting transportation surveys and utilize the information generated for demand estimations and projections
- The applicant should be registered under the Indian Companies Act and/or a premier Governmental, semi-governmental, autonomous and/or corporate body involved in research and developmental activities concerning urban transport.
- The applicant should be operational in India for at least last 5 financial years as of 31st March 2019.
- Consortiums are not eligible to apply. Only single entity fulfilling all the requirements of the RfP may apply.
- The applicant shall submit supporting documentation for pre-qualification as per Annexure 4.
- The applicant should not be blacklisted/ debarred by Central/State Government Dept./PSU/Government Agency.
3.2 Technical Qualification and Evaluation Criteria
- The technical bid has to comply with all the eligibility criteria given in Clause 3.1 of this RfP. Any bid not meeting the above criteria will be summarily rejected.
- Method of selection of Preferred Bidder: Technical Qualification and Shortlisting of applicants followed by selection on the basis of Least Cost (L1 Method).
- Technical evaluation of bids will be based on the criteria given in Clause 3.2.iv below. The applicant must respond to all the technical evaluation criteria, and obtain a minimum of 75 marks to qualify for financial bid opening. The bid proposal should strictly be in line with the formats provided in Annexure 3.