RFP for Empanelment of Private Training Partner for Implementing Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Programme
About the Organization:
Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission (UPSDM) has been established in 2013 with a view to meeting the skill training requirements of the youth in industry oriented trades in under a holistic framework following integrated approach. In order to achieve the above objective, the UPSDM aims to engage private training providers for imparting short-term skill development training to the eligible candidates under different schemes as per the directives of the UPSDM, Govt. of India and the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
Architecture and Strategy for Programme Implementation
- The Programme would target to train and provide gainful employment to the trained candidates.
- UPSDM plans to engage Private Training Providers through this RFE who would act as the Implementing Agencies for the programme by providing training and employment to the trainees.
- The Private Training Partners would be responsible for candidates mobilization, training, placement and post placement tracking under the overall supervision of UPSDM as per of the relevant guidelines.
- UPSDM shall continually monitor program performance as per the its monitoring & evaluation framework. The Monitoring and Evaluation of the programme shall be through online Management Information System (MIS), developed and deployed by the UPSDM.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work to be undertaken by the empanelled private training providers would be as below:
Mobilization, Pre-Counseling and Registration of eligible candidates:
- Awareness creation in the districts in which it is empanelled.
- Candidate Pre-Counseling: Counseling job seekers registered on the UPSDM portal for their training needs, career options and career planning
- Listing out the type and categories of jobs and mapping them with available modules
- Counseling the candidates and their parents on the available job opportunities / training locations and set their expectations on jobs, relocation requirements and compensation
- Assignment of trainers to the batches
- The PTPs would need to install latest Aadhar and GPRS enabled biometric attendance devices or any other appropriate device developed by NIC to capture the biometric attendance of trainers and trainees.
- Ensuring adequate coverage of the topics specific to the requirements of the module as assessments would be based on NOSs/Qualification packs.
- The guidelines with respect to OJT are available with UPSDM & the same may be procured by the TPs if they so require.
- The guidelines with respect to residential training are available with UPSDM and the same may be procured by the TPs if they so require.
Placement of Candidates:
- “Placed” means the candidate is placed in the sector of their training and his / her gross remuneration should not be below the minimum wages of the state as notified at the time of placement in which he has been placed. Further, a placement shall be considered valid if a candidate is placed within the first 3 months of getting trained / successfully clearing the third party assessment. The provisions of common norms in regard to placement shall apply.
A company/partnership firm/consortium/society/trust registered at least 3 years prior to the date of submission of proposal. In case consortiums applying for selection, it is necessary that the consortiums partners constitute a legal entity with well-defined responsibilities and liabilities. The consortium proposals would be evaluated on the basis of collective eligibility (concerning non-financial criteria) of the consortium partners.
In case of Consortium, following conditions are to be adhered to:
- A Consortium should not have more than 2 (TWO) members.
- The Consortium shall be based on a legal agreement between two members, where the Lead Member of the Consortium is clearly stated.
- The Lead Member shall bear entire financial responsibility for the project, including fulfillment of demand/recovery by the Government in case of any default or deviation in the project or for which work has not been completed as per the sanction.
- The Lead Member cannot walkout after the project is approved. All the commitments as per the sanction order for project delivery have to bemet by the Lead Member in case the other applicant PTP fails to do so.
- The Lead Member undertakes to develop the capabilities of the other member also.
- The Lead Member shall also fulfill all financial eligibility criteria in terms of the RFE.
- The consortium shall be responsible for delivery of the project as per sanction.