About the Organization
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
About the Proposal
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is kindly request to submit your proposal for ‘Development of National Action Plan for LGBTQI communities under NITI Aayog’.
The NITI Aayog has constituted the LGBTQI Sub-group to achieve the National Development Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals through better Partnership and Collaboration. As per the mandate of the Sub-group, a National Action Plan for the development of the LGBTQI community is to be developed covering areas like Employment, Education, Skill development, Livelihood, Security, Health, Housing, Social Security, Financial Inclusion, etc.
The National Action Plan will have three sub-components ie, Short-term: One year, Mid-term: two years a long term: four years. The National Action Plan will be developed following extensive consultations with the communities and other stakeholders. UNDP will support the NITI Aayog in the development of the National Action Plan for the LGBTIQ Community.
The specific activities are:
- Conduct a desk review of already exiting schemes and welfare measures for both general populati on and LGBTIQ populations in the different thematic areas mentioned in the Background section.
- The study would analyze and document the details of the best practices available at State, National and International levels.
- The documentation should also include the implementation process, issues and challenges faced, etc. to facilitate the decision making about their replication in the National Action Plan.
- Coordinate and hold consultations with key stakeholders including representatives from lineMinistries / Departments, development partners, civil society members, legal experts, LGBTIQ community members, Non-Governmental organizations, think-tanks, subject experts on the details of the National Action Plan, their implementation modalities and institutionalization in existing Government Institutions / systems.
- Prepare a Report on secondary analysis of different existing welfare measures for the LGBTIQ population as well as general populations which can be replicated for the LGBTIQ populations through the National Action Plan.
- Coordinate and Conduct at least 5 Stakeholder consultation meetings with key stakeholders including representatives from line-Ministries / Departments, development partners, civil society members, legal experts, community members, Non-Governmental organizations, think-tanks, subject experts, etc. for discussion and inputs on a inclusion, well defined and time bound National Action Plan for the LGBTQI Communities. In the evolving COVID 19 Situation, the Consultations can be mix of virtual and face-to-face meetings.
- Prepare a National Action Plan document consisting of three components- Short-term activities: One year, Mid-term activities: two years and long-term activities: four years. All activities will be clearly defined including their stakeholder mapping, implementation plan, time frame, budget, etc.
- 3 months (30th September- 30th December 2021)
- Proposals are invited from the institutions / organizations only.
- Proposal submitted by Individuals will not be accepted.