RFP title: RFP for Selection of an Agency for conducting a Longitudinal Study on Impact Assessment of Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY)
Introduction and Requirement:
Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency Ltd. (MUDRA) was launched on April 8, 2015 by the Hon’ble Prime Minister with an objective of funding the unfunded micro enterprise sector. MUDRA has been playing a vital role in extending the financial assistance to the small entrepreneurs with loans up to `10 lakh for income generating activities through various Last Mile Financiers viz., Banks, MFIs and NBFCs.
The study would have objectives, as mentioned below:
Document Impact of PMMY at the end user level, dealing with issues of attribution as objectively as possible;
Improve practice by understanding the process of PMMY intervention and their impact at the end user level.
Understanding the role of alternate channels such as MFIs and other intermediary organizations in reaching out to end-users by leveraging additional funds.
The selected agency will, as a part of the exercise, address a set of core questions:
Outreach and access:
- The agency should assess the impact of PMMY on the outreach and access for the micro entrepreneurs, whether PMMY has made outreach and access to debt for micro entrepreneurs easy.
- Difficulties (type / length of information sought, non cooperative behavior of loan officers, delaying / denying loans etc.) being faced by the borrowers in accessing loans under PMMY geography and lending institution wise (most easy / difficult to access).
- Difficulties being faced by the lenders in granting loans under PMMY geography and lending institution wise.
- Types of micro enterprises covered under Shishu, Kishore and Tarun activity / livelihood pattern wise.
- Any adverse selection made by the lenders.
- Interest rates being charged under 3 products of PMMY by lenders institution wise.
Submission of Bids
- The bids must be received by the MUDRA at the specified address not later than date mentioned in ‘Critical Information’, given in the beginning of this document.
- In the event of the specified date for the submission of bids, being declared a holiday for the MUDRA, the bids will be received up to the appointed time on the next working day.
- The MUDRA may, at its discretion, extend the deadline for submission of Bids by amending the Bid Documents, in which case, all rights and obligations of the MUDRA and Bidders previously subject to the deadline will thereafter be subject to the deadline as extended