The Science@Leuven Scholarships are for motivated and talented international students who are interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven.
Host Institution(s): Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium
Level/Fields of study:
Eligible International Master Programme under the Faculty of Science at K.U. Leuven:
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
Number of Awards: Not specified.
Target group: International students
- The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
- For two-year Master’s programmes, the scholarship for the second master year will be only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
- the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
- the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English*,
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
- the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants have to apply for the Master programme of their choice through the application form of the KU Leuven. You will need to upload a screenshot that you successfully submitted the application for admissions when you register on the website of the scholarship.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 15 February 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
- It is important to read the scholarship application page and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website:http://wet.kuleuven.be/english/scienceatleuvenscholarship