The Shevchenko Foundation is seeking applications for the “Local Community Projects” under Community Development Program to support individuals at the national and local levels. The actual amount of assistance will depend on the scope of the activities or project and available Foundation resources.
The Shevchenko Foundation supports projects and programs that:
- Have an identifiable Ukrainian and/or Ukrainian Canadian content;
- Are on a national or regional level;
- Reflect a high degree of excellence, and
- Reach a diverse and broad audience.
Furthermore, applicants need to be aware that:
- The Shevchenko Foundation funds only up to 50% of total project or program costs.
- Each application must provide a full budget, including all sources of revenue and all expenses for the entire project or program.
- Applicants will retain copyright integrity.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee that the Shevchenko Foundation will provide any financing for the project.
The Local Community Projects Sector of the Community Development Program funds:
- Local community initiatives that promote a sense of community, e.g. community concerts, community development activities of local organizations.
Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are recognized in their field of endeavour.
- Applications from individuals must be supported by letters of reference from peers or others familiar with the applicant’s body of work, experience in the field, and ability to undertake and deliver the project.
- Grants to individuals will cover costs and expenses associated with the project, but will not provide for living allowances or personal remuneration.
- Individuals do not need to apply through a recognized charity with a charitable number.