The Embassy of the Czech Republic in Damascus announces a call for proposals of the Small Scale Projects, which could be supported by a financial contribution within the framework of the Czech Republic development cooperation.
The Small Scale Projects (SSP) is one of the instruments of the development cooperation of the Czech Republic. SSPs are identified by the respective Embassies of the Czech Republic (through applications submitted by potential implementers) and approved by the headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). SSP aims to contribute to the local subject by small-scale development activities in accordance with the beneficiary country´s national development priorities.
By the Czech Republic supported small scale projects should not only bring development outputs but should also contribute to increasing the visibility of the Czech Republic in the country. Various projects can be supported, such as projects to promote local development, improve health or medical care, eradicate poverty, make education available, educate people in rural areas, protect the environment, improve the position of women in the society or promote coexistence between ethnic and religious communities.
- The financial contribution for a SSP is from 200,000 CZK to 500,000 CZK (approx. up to 21,000, – USD; 18,000, – EUR).
- The project must be implemented from the date of the contract’s signing (about March 2021) to the end of September 2021.
- The tangible assets of the project should be marked with a logo of the Czech development cooperation. In the case of the project´s intangible assets, it is always necessary to mention the financial support of the Czech development cooperation.
- The project should be effective and economical, for which reason all receipts must be documented. The total cost of salary/fee, subsistence allowance, accommodation, travel cost, and eventual insurance and vaccination of the experts must not exceed 25 % of the project´s total costs.
- SSP does not include the payment of the implementer´s administrative costs.
- Each organization may apply for a contribution of several projects, but only one project of the applicant may be supported from the funds of the Czech Republic development cooperation.
Who can apply?
- The financial contribution is intended for projects implemented in Syria. The implementer of the SSP is a local subject with legal subjectivity in the country of the project implementation.
- The implementer must be eligible to sign a contract with MFA CZ that establishes the jurisdiction of Czech laws and Czech courts.
- An SSP may be implemented, for example by an educational, health, social or cultural institution, a non-governmental non-profit organization, a cooperative, a territorial unit.
- Funds are allocated to the non-political and non-governmental groups. A contribution cannot be claimed by an individual.
How to Apply
The application for an SSP grant must include:
- The filled identification form in the English language signed and stamped by the organization. “Local currency” row shall contain the amount in USD or EUR, all the Czech crown (CZK) columns must be left blank and they will be completed by the Czech Embassy in Damascus according to the valid exchange rate,
- A verified copy of the document (in English or translated into English) certifying that the applicant has legal subjectivity (it is officially registered);
- A confirmation in Czech or English that the person signed on the identification form has the competency to sign the application.
- After approval of the project by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Damascus will sign the contract about the implementation of the project with a successful applicant no later than 31 March 2021.
- A small scale project must be completed until September 2021 at the latest.
- All financial documents and receipts must be delivered to the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Damascus no later than October 18, 2021.
- The final report and photographic documentation must be delivered to the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Damascus no later than one month after the finishing of the project, but before November 15, 2021.
- All questions should be sent by e-mail to the address. The subject of the message should be “MLP2021”.
- All communications must be realized in electronic form via e-mail.