SMIF, in partnership with SE MN Together and Region Nine Development Commission, seeks to support the creation of systems that will increase inclusivity and equity, decrease the racial wealth gap and enable people of all backgrounds to thrive in communities throughout SMIF’s 20-county region.
They seek applications that build inclusive and equitable entrepreneurial support systems or develop initiatives that increase equity and inclusion within a community. Applications will create or advance innovative approaches to increase access of resources in diverse communities and reduce the barriers of racial inequity.
- Reduce racial disparities, remove barriers and build bridges within the community
- Enhance civic, entrepreneurial, and community engagement
- Create a systems approach to advance equity and inclusion
- Increase a sense of belonging in communities of diverse backgrounds
- Up to $20,000 is available to qualified and approved applicants and recipients will have up to 18 months to implement their work.
- Proposals must be submitted by an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) organization, a unit/agency of government, or a public institution
- Grassroots organizations are eligible to apply but will be required to have a fiscal host
- Proposals must demonstrate benefit to SMIF’s 20-county region
- Funding requests up to $20,000 will be considered
- Only one application per organization will be considered
- No cash match is required for this grant round
- All recipients will be required to attend three convening through the 18-month grant implementation.
- These convening will be held in the spring of 2021, winter of 2021, and the spring of 2022. These convening will be designed for grantees to share their learnings, celebrate milestones, and to assist each other with resource opportunities.
- A final written report will be required by all successful applicants.