The UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) in Vietnam is inviting non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and research, educational and academic institutions promoting women’s rights and gender equality to submit proposals to contribute to the advancement of gender equality in Vietnam.
The primary focus of the proposals shall
be about strengthening the roles played by non-government actors to
assess and monitor the implementation of public policies, actions,
investments and results.
- Budget requests should not exceed VND 1,050,000,000.
- All project activities must be completed no later than 15 December 2017.
- Strengthened capacity and roles of NGOs on CEDAW and evidence based
policy advocacy, including through introduction of a gender-responsive
- Strengthened partnership between NGOs and state institutions responsible of implementing CEDAW Concluding Observations.
- Strengthened capacity of CSOs to provide feedback on poverty
reduction and economic development programmes in ethnic minority
regions to ensure gender equality and the empowerment of ethnic minority
women and girls.
- Practices and lesson learned from CSO monitoring and promoting
accountability of the government to ethnic minority women and girls
documented and shared.
- Proposals can be submitted by an organisation or jointly by two or more organisations from any of the following categories:
- Non-governmental organisations
- Research, educational or academic institutions
- Member of a relevant NGO network
- Joint submissions by a network of NGOs are encouraged.
- The applying organization must be legally registered in Vietnam.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the following documents in English via email at the address given on the website:
- Application form
- Logical framework
- Implementation work plan
- A copy of your organization’s legal registration document
- Supporting documents such as your organizational brochures, previous annual reports and audit reports
Eligible Country: Vietnam
For more information, please visit UN Women-Vietnam Call for Proposals.