Applications are now open for the Aviva Community Fund to build stronger, more resilient communities across the UK.
Aviva wants to support forward-thinking causes that are helping push communities forward, so your submitted project must:
align with one of the purposes and fall within the three funding areas:
- Building back better: helping society to bounce back from the pandemic by addressing the health and wellbeing, and economic impacts on communities and individuals
- Climate champions: helping communities to prevent, prepare for and protect against the impacts of climate change
- Financial empowerment: supporting financial inclusion and giving people the tools to become more financially resilient and independent
be raising funds to:
- develop a new approach, product or technology; or
- implement a new initiative or pilot a new scheme; or
- expand existing services to a new area or beneficiary group; or
- adapt services to meet today’s needs without compromising those of future generations
- Every three months, £250,000 will be shared equally among the UK employees to donate to the projects that matter to them most.
- Each charity can apply for funding of up to a maximum of £50,000 and Aviva employees will decide how the funding is distributed.
To submit a project, you must:
- be age 18 or older
- be a UK resident
- not be using a disposable email address.
And your organisation must:
- be registered in the UK as a charity or social enterprise
- be based in the UK
- have been operating for at least 12 months at the time of submission
- have an annual income of no more than £1 million (can be averaged over the last three years)
- have a UK bank account in its own name
- be a living wage employee (if the organisation employs people)
- have an active board of trustees or directors or management body
Your submitted project must NOT:
- be for the benefit of any one individual
- include any mention of specific individuals, companies, brands or products for promotion purposes;
- contain any material owned by a third party, including trademarks, or contain any images or videos that identify individuals unless, in each case, you have the third party’s and each individual’s express permission to do so and to permit use of such content by Aviva or Crowdfunder;
- violate any applicable law or regulation or promote or encourage the violation of any law or regulation;
- contain offensive, obscene or sexually suggestive material, propaganda, potentially misleading information, or defamatory or disparaging material about other people or companies, or endorse any form of hate, hate group or terrorist activity;
- discriminate unlawfully on the basis of gender, race, religion, creed, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law;
- promote or speak negatively about any particular faith, political party or any affiliated group, promote or speak negatively about any legislation or government policy, or promote or encourage the violation of any law;
- promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous or considered gaming, betting or gambling or relate to raffles, prize draws, games of chance, lotteries or similar activities;
- relate to controversial subject matter or any subject that is contrary to the interests of the Aviva group of companies (including, but not limited to, Submissions and/or Projects that present an unacceptable regulatory, reputational or other risk to the Aviva group of companies);
- be used for commercial use or promotion; or
- contain any viruses or other malicious elements that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.