The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a programme entitled “Support civil society networks and platforms in Turkey – Civil Society Facility Turkey” in order to strengthen the capacities of existing or new national, regional (in the sense of regions within Turkey), local and/or thematic platforms and networks of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Turkey.
- to strengthen CSO’s networks and platforms internal governance.
- to strengthen networks and platforms outreach capacity towards their constituency (members, citizens, etc.) as well as monitoring and advocacy capacities.
Priority will be given to actions that:
- support right-based activities of networks and platforms;
- focus on particularly sensitive issues that are not adequately covered by actions funded under the civil society sub-sector of the Instrument for Pre-Accession for Turkey (e.g. minority and cultural rights, freedoms of speech, media , associations, CSO enabling environment, specific issues arising from the recent political developments, etc.);
- give a special importance to cross-cutting issues such as the promotion of gender equality, human rights, democracy and respect for the rule of law, children rights, environment and climate change, etc.
- are proposed by networks and platforms whose members are spread all over Turkey,
- have been commonly identified on the basis of a shared documented diagnostic and needs analysis;
- support international networking and cooperation with European Union / international civil society organisations.
- seek complementarity and create synergies with actions undertaken through other programmes financed by the European Union or other partners in Turkey.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 200.000 and EUR 500.000.
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be non-governmental organisations
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or of an accession or official candidate country (thus including Turkey) as recognised by the European Union or of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) country and the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI) and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s).
How to Apply
The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Turkey.
For more information, please visit EuropeAid and download the guidelines.