uropean Union is seeking proposals from organisations for a thematic programme entitled “Support to Civil Society Organizations and Local Authorities in Jamaica” with an aim at contributing to the fight against injustice and inequality, including under a gender perspective.
It also promotes women empowerment and gender equality, to issues of non-discrimination and to providing an inclusive environment for disadvantaged and marginalized groups (e.g. children, youth at risk, LGBT persons and disabled persons).
Program Lots and Objectives
Lot 1: Promoting an environment for civil society to contribute to governance and accountability.
- To support CSOs in governance and accountability
- To support CSOs actions to enhance social development
- To support CSOs contribution in promoting inclusive and sustainable growth
- To contribute to test-pilot actions in support of promoting networks of CSOs
Lot 2: Enhancing local authorities contribution to governance and the development process.
- Support to LAs as actors of enhanced local governance
- Strengthening the capacity of LAs as welfare providers and promoters of inclusive and sustainable growth at local level
- To contribute to test-pilot actions in support of promoting networks/associations of LAs
- Lot 1– Civil Society Organizations: Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EURO 200,000.00 to EURO 500,000.00.
- Lot 2– Local Authorities: Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EURO 200,000.00 to EURO 500,000.00.
Actions must take place in Jamaica.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 36 months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as: a non-state actor/ civil society organization, non-governmental organisation or local authority,
- be established in Jamaica
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- be able to demonstrate the completion, within the last 5 years, of at least 1 project of a similar size and in a related field to the action being requested in the grant.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter. Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- The lead applicant and its co-applicants may act with affiliated entities.
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by an applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by an applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept Notes
- Full Applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for
evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will
be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Country: Jamaica
For more information, please visit this link and download the guidelines.