UNDRR is calling for Proposals for Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction inclusive of persons with disabilities to support the implementation, monitoring, and review of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 in coherence with the 2030 Agenda and other instruments, for the multihazard management of disaster risk in development and the substantial reduction of disaster risk and losses.
UNDRR issues grants, in line with UN Financial Regulations and Rules, to apolitical and not profit-making organisations to facilitate, implement, or carry out activities related to UNDRR’s and the partner’s mandates and work programmes.
Purpose: 2022 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction is accessible to persons with disabilities
The duration of the proposed project cannot exceed 30 June 2022. The maximum amount requested from UNDRR for the implementation of this project cannot exceed 20,000 USD.
Outcome: Persons with disabilities are attending the 2022 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Serve as focal point for UNDRR Global Platform Team on accessibility questions
- Assess Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center conference accessibility and provide recommendations for any shortcomings
- Support the SEM Stakeholder Group on Persons with Disabilities for any logistical questions regarding the 2022 Global Platform
- Produce after action report, minimum 5 pages, detailing successes and challenges experienced leading up to, during and after the GP2022.
- Participate actively in the COVID 19 task team to provide inputs regarding the safety of persons with disabilities at the GP2022
- Develop input to the GP2022 emergency and evacuation plan relevant to persons with disabilities
- Assess Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center in terms of accessibility including via advanced on-sight visits, develop an assessment report with propose solutions to overcome the gaps.
- Assess the accessibility of the virtual platform to be used for the online participation in the GP2022.
- Support Government of Indonesia to develop a list of accessible hotels, transportation and other logistics relevant for the participation of persons with disabilities
- Suggest possible field visits relevant to DRR accessible for persons with disabilities
- Propose possible social interventions by persons of disabilities if possible linked to DRR that could be shown to 2022 GP participants (e.g. dances, theatre play etc.)
- Attend the 2022 Global Platform for DRR and preparatory days.
- Support and train 2022 Global Platform local and UNDRR staff on topics related to persons with disabilities
- Produce final report
Projects’ activities can include, amongst others, the following:
- seminars, workshops, trainings;
- capacity building activities;
- institutional strengthening activities and
The following types of activity will not be covered:
- capital expenditure, e.g. land, buildings, equipment and vehicles;
- individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
- supporting political parties; and