The Faculty of Graduate Studies offers more than $2 million dollars in University Graduate Fellowships (UMGF) each year to full time graduate students (Master’s and Ph.D.) to recognize academic excellence. It is offered to students who have demonstrated superior intellectual ability and academic accomplishment.
The Province of Manitoba through the office of the Minister of Education and Training, supports the Manitoba Graduate Scholarship (MGS) with an annual funding of $2.1 million.
- Host Institution(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
- Field(s) of study: Any graduate degree programs offered by the University (except those in the Faculty of Medicine and in the Master of Business Administration – MBA).
- Target group: All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.
- UMGF Master’s awards are valued at $14,000 per year for 12 or 24 months, up to a total of $28,000.
- UMGF Doctoral awards are valued at $18,000 per year for 12, 24, 36 or 48 months, up to a total of $72,000.
- MGS Master’s awards are valued at $15,000 per year for 12 or 24 months, up to a total of $30,000.
- Students must have a minimum admission GPA of 3.0 to be considered for the award. Please contact your Department as they may have a higher GPA requirement.
- Students must have been admitted as a full-time student without provision or have cleared provisional admission as a Master’s or Ph.D. student in a graduate program at the University of Manitoba.
- Please refer to the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF) and Manitoba Graduate Scholarship (MGS) Award Holder’s Guide for additional details.
- Please consult your Department/Unit for the application process and deadline. Once the Department/Unit determines their selection, students are recommended to the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Deadline varies per faculty.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.:
Official Scholarship Website: http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/funding/umgf.html