USAID’s Global Development Alliance (GDA) Annual Program Statement (APS) is currently seeking applications for its Partnering to Accelerate Entrepreneurship (PACE) Initiative that is focused on fostering entrepreneurship and catalyzing private investment into early stage enterprises operating in developing countries.
- Identify and test innovative investment models that have the potential to be sustained, replicated, or scaled which provide private or blended financing to entrepreneurs in the developing world.
- Models will focus on facilitating investments that are typically in the range of $25,000 – $250,000, however, the goal is to address the “missing middle”3 or small and growing businesses (SGBs)4 with higher actual or perceived risk profiles in the sector or geographic area the model serves.
- USAID is interested in models that invest in both for-profit traditional and social enterprises; however, the development impact and additionality of USAID’s funding must be clear.
- Award Ceiling: $2,000,000
- Award Floor: $1,000,000
- USAID welcomes applications from many types of organizations including
- U.S. and non-U.S. private businesses,
- business and trade associations,
- U.S. and non-U.S. Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs),
- faith-based organizations,
- international organizations,
- U.S. and non-U.S. colleges and universities,c
- civic groups,c
- regional organizations, etc.
- All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law.
- An individual cannot apply as an applicant.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.