The Watsonville Rotary Club Foundation is pleased to announce the release of its 2020-21 Grant Guidelines for applicants interested in requesting support for programs/projects that align with Watsonville Rotary’s specific Areas of Interest.
In addition, due to the unique challenges of the Corona Virus Pandemic, applicants (this year only) may choose to request funds to support ‘general core operating expenses’ related to the day-to- day operation of the organization.
As part of the commitment to support local community, the Watsonville Rotary Foundation makes grants to local non-profit organizations through its grant-making program. The monetary grants support organizations that serve local youth that work to help minimize the factors that contribute to youth violence and/or support educational attainment.
- Watsonville Rotary Foundation awards grants to organizations whose applications are focused on the Areas of Interest below:-
Youth Violence Prevention: The foundation would like to minimize the factors that contribute to youth violence by supporting programs/projects that:
- Empower youth to seek positive solutions to social problems.
- Provide safe places for children and their families.
- Increase access to mental health services for youth and their families.
- Provide pathways for students to stay in school and complete their education.
Education Outreach Support: The foundation would like to encourage youth to increase their knowledge and their capacity to experience good quality of life by supporting programs/projects that:
- Encourage attainment of higher education goals (academic, technical & vocational).
- Teach workforce development skills.
- Provide educational pipeline programs for early development of career/professional interests.
- Teach life skills and provide tools to address specific challenges and opportunities.
- Encourage the practice of making safe and healthy lifestyle choices.
General Core Operating Support:
- General Core Operating expenses are typically fixed expenses such as rent, utilities, internet, and phone bill, among others. Given the fundraising challenges facing nonprofits during the Pandemic, Watsonville Rotary Foundation will accept proposals this year for general core operating support so that nonprofit staff can better focus on delivering programs that will have the greatest impact. In addition to fixed expenses, nonprofits can include staff expenses in their requests as well.
- Watsonville Rotary Foundation will award 15 grants at $1,000 each
Organizations that meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- The applicant organization must be a nonprofit 501(c) (3), tax-exempt organization or a school-based program in the Pajaro Valley Unified School District, or have a 501(c) (3), tax-exempt organization as a fiscal sponsor.
- The applicant organization must provide or plan to provide programs/services benefitting the residents of Watsonville (95076) including Pajaro, La Selva, Corralitos & Royal Oaks) as well as Freedom (95019) and Aromas (95004) in one of Watsonville Rotary’s Priority Focus Areas.
- The applicant organization does not need to be located in the Pajaro Valley, but the applicant organization must demonstrate that it provides or plans to provide services that directly benefit residents of the Pajaro Valley.
- The applicant organization must have a nondiscrimination policy in place.
- The applicant organization must have the demonstrated capacity to carry out the program or core-operating work funded by the grant and to maintain fiscal accountability.