Applications are open for “WE Empower Challenge” which is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world they want by 2030.
Five selected awardees, one from each UN region, will be chosen from those who apply by 1 July 2018. The successful awardees will be notified in early August 2018 and will receive an all-expenses paid trip to New York during the UN Global Goals week (24 – 29 September 2018) to participate in a series of tailored trainings and events.
Awardees will also:
- On Tuesday, September 25 participate in a dynamic pitch event hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that brings together top business, tech, venture capital and media leaders with an opportunity for one awardee to receive a $20,000 grant to further their business;
- Attend a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum;
- Participate in Global Citizen week events including a ticket to attend the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday Sept 29th; and
- Participate at the UN Private Sector Forum event convened by the UN Secretary-General.
- Applicants business has been in operation for more than three years.
- Employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
- Applicants proficient in spoken and written English
- Applicants business generates at least $100,000 used in annual sales
- Applicants available to travel to nyc between Sunday 23 September 2018 – Saturday 29 September 2018
How to Apply
Applicants can register themselves via following website: