This scheme offers nationals of low- and middle-income countries the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level.
Host Institution(s): Wellcome
Level/Field of study:
- Masters Degree Programme in a subject related to Public Health or Tropical Medicine offered at any University around the world. Distance learning Master’s Programmes are supported.
- The research project can be undertaken at an eligible organisation and should be within the Trust’s science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Target group: Nationals of a low- or middle-income country
The fellowship is worth £120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses. The fellowship is normally for 30 months (12 months taught Master’s course and 18 months research project).
You can apply for a Master’s Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine if you:
- are a national of a low- or middle-income country
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organisation in a low- or middle-income country.
You must also:
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
- You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT). Applications are considered twice a year. The deadline for the next application round is 30 August 2019.
- It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: