Canadian Women and Sport is seeking applications for its Wise Fund Grants Program to build capacity for gender equity within organizations and support them to expand quality opportunities for girls and women to participate and lead in sport.
This year, they will reinforce the commitment to equity by dedicating a minimum of 60% of grant funding to go toward organizations/initiatives led by or directly serving women and girls who are:
- Indigenous peoples (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit);
- People of Colour (people who are non-white, regardless of birthplace);
- LGBTQI2S+ Deaf Persons;
- Persons with Disabilities.
30 grants valued at $2,500 each will be awarded to organizations across Canada.
Who is eligible?
- Sport organizations (NSOs, MSOs, PSOs, clubs);
- Community organizations;
- University/college sport programs;
- Non-profit organizations;
- Organizations who have previously received funding.
Examples of eligible uses of funds are:
- Compensation for human resources directly related to initiative activities (i.e. salaries, facilitator honoraria, etc.);
- Venue costs;
- Marketing and communications;
- Travel costs related to carrying out the initiative;
- Equipment costs;
- Participant training/registration fees.
What is eligible?
- Organizations and/or initiatives that help keep girls and women participating in sport throughout their lives;
- Initiatives that increase the leadership capacity of girls in women in sport;
- Initiatives that enhance an organization’s capacity for gender equity Organizations and/or initiatives that focus on supporting marginalized girls and women in sport.