Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- The PLF facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers to Australia through the Pacific Labour Scheme. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the PLS and provides targeted support to SWP. The PLF is managed by Palladium and provides the backbone of Australia's future support for circular labour mobility in the Pacific under the direction of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The PLF has been established as a trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers.
- The Accommodation Broker will bring together government (federal, state and local), and private, not-for-profit and community sector stakeholders to determine the extent of suitable accommodation shortages for Pacific workers employed through the Australian Government's Pacific labour mobility initiatives, the Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP) and Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) in the Sunraysia/Wimmera Mallee region.
- The Accommodation Broker will identify barriers to greater investment by the private sector in accommodation and will drive creative solutions with the public and private sectors to increase investment in and the availability of suitable accommodation in the Sunraysia/Wimmera Mallee region for SWP and PLS workers. The Accommodation Broker will work with the SWP Regional Pilot Sunraysia and Wimmera Mallee Region Coordinators to connect employers using, or seeking to use, the SWP and PLS with suitable accommodation to reduce or remove accommodation as a barrier to greater participation.
Under the direction of the PLF (Manager Strategy and Partnerships), the Accommodation Broker will:
- Consult with public and private sector stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of demand for, and supply of, suitable accommodation in the Sunraysia/Wimmera Mallee regions.
- Engage public and private sector stakeholders to identify barriers to greater investment and availability of accommodation suitable for workers under the Seasonal Worker Programme and Pacific Labour Scheme.
- Work with stakeholders to operationalise proposals that encourage greater investment and availability of suitable accommodation.
- Work collaboratively with the SWP Regional Pilot Sunraysia and Wimmera Mallee Regional Coordinators to connect prospective and existing Seasonal Worker Programme and Pacific Labour Scheme employers to suitable accommodation.
- Provide regular progress reports to stakeholders and a final report at the conclusion of the assignment.
The Accommodation Broker will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Over ten years' experience working on planning and investment issues
- An understanding of the agricultural sector and strong networks within the region
- Familiarity with Council and/or Victorian State Government planning and zoning regulations and processes
- History of productive engagement with Council and/or Victorian State Government
- An understanding of the Seasonal Worker Programme and Pacific Labour Scheme
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong stakeholder management and coordination skills
- This is a 6 month fixed term full time position with a possibility of extension for an additional 12 months. Part time arrangements may also be considered.