Account Development Manager
FHI 360, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Supports activities for the development of strategic business plans and programs to support projects/programs in designated market segments; identifies volume and strategic customers; and develops partnerships. Analyzes market data to identify trends/opportunities; develops strategic direction from market information and creates compelling market analysis presentations. Manages a portfolio of current and prospective partners and works with cross functional teams to provide leadership with the goal of achieving the strategic plan. Conducts analysis for joint ventures, collaborative agreements, and research opportunities.
- Manages and supports partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotech clients and strategic partners by conducting research and analyses.
- Assists management with business strategies, planning, and other business development concerns or needs.
- Participates with management in the development and implementation of the engagement and targeted activity plan which will include prioritizing activity objectives.
- Reviews quarterly plan ongoing to determine where adjustments may be required.
- Initiates and prioritizes use of Clinical Trials Government and customer web site or other online tools to conduct research and monitors factors with in accounts to capitalize on opportunities to assess ideal points of entry and to determine clinical development needs of account.
- Manages lead generation for potential clients and strategic partners. Including but not limited to cold calling and managing email campaigns.
- Maintains effective and meaningful relationships with developed leads on a continuous basis; works to engagement pathways and coverage targets.
- Initiates and manages effective relationships with active and prospect clients to determine near and far term clinical development needs.
- Documents and monitors progress in Customer Relationship Management (CRM), software, including lead research details, tracking contacts, and pertinent follow-up information.
- Validates, and coordinates smooth transfer of clients from Account Development to Business Development.
- Generates reports of Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Active/ Prospect account penetration, coverage and engagement.
- Provides support and planning for business development initiatives including conferences, meetings, bid defenses, webinars, etc.
- Develops a social media engagement strategy for brand awareness.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of business development within the clinical research industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation in front of clients with ability to give the organizational pitch.
- Ability to overcome objections in a negotiation setting through solution-oriented thinking.
- Strong follow-up with clients both internal and external.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and prepare reports.
- Ability to leverage social media for marketing purposes.
- Ability to negotiate, influences, and collaborate with others.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are diverse and require analysis of data and identifiable factors.
- Works well under pressured timelines and driven by milestone incentives.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and procedures to select methods and techniques to obtain results.
- Decisions and actions may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Contributes to business and operational decisions that affect the department.
- Reports to a Director.
- Bachelors’ Degree or its International Equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Related Field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years industry related experience.
- Experience in Clinical Research Organization (CRO) and/or pharmaceutical business development preferred.
- Previous use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system preferred.