FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Accountant will support accounting functions under the supervision of the Accounting Manager. They will process and record journal entries for cash receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany billing, and other accounting functions. The Accountant will be responsible for monthly reconciliations of selected accounts, managed by the Accounting Manager. They will work with the Accounting Manager and Controller to close each month on time, with accurate data available to the organization. They will also support the analysis of the organization’s financial needs to inform the design of an updated financial system. The Accountant will be responsible for managing multiple accounting platforms, including Microsoft Nav, CashPro, Bill.com and other internally defined accounting procedures. They should be able to work independently on assigned tasks and processes and will also work with the Accounting Manager to learn departmental functions to support the Accounting department and grow in skills and competencies.
- Manage the journal entries for Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and account reconciliations monthly.
- Manage intercompany billing with FHI 360 and other subsidiaries: Serve as point-of-contact with parent company and subsidiaries, monitor and update company code mapping, process intercompany accounts payable, prepare FHIS intercompany accounts receivable, and complete monthly reconciliations
- Prepare general journals and reconcile B/S GL accounts
- Create and manage project code creation for the organization
- Manage Accounting SharePoint and documentation
- Support design and implementation, and training on financial systems during the implementation of new financial systems
- Manage bi-weekly and monthly benefits and corporate payments
- Assists with internal and external audit requests
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in Accounting, Business, Finance or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, and ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computerized accounting software experience required and spreadsheet software required. Preferred experience in Microsoft Nav (MS Nav).
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO). Prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite preferred.