World Vision, Pasig City, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of this WVUS Grant Solutions position is to provide support for audits of US Government grants by coordinating and reviewing audit schedules, liaising with WV entities and partners involved in the audits to facilitate communication, and assisting in audit finding resolution and record keeping. Support US Government grants programs through training of staff and subrecipients. Support subgrant monitoring though training, review of audits and preparation of reports to be used throughout the WV Partnership.
Activities surrounding the annual external Single Audit occur from August through December, with the most time constrained work in October and November. Special audits from donor agencies can be any time of the year and generally have little advance notice.
- Coordination/preparation/review of audit schedules for external year-end and special audits of US Government grants. Preparation of analysis sufficient to satisfy external government auditors, external contract auditors and the Global Internal Audit team.
- Assist in the training of World Vision and Partner staff regarding the financial and compliance aspects of grants. The well-established Gateway to Grants (G2G) program is developed and run by the Grant Solutions department. This role will assist in the development and delivery of G2G, subgrant monitoring, audit preparation and internal auditor training in grants.
- Subgrant monitoring and intervention – assist in design and implementation of subgrant monitoring framework . Identify and liaise with others working on similar projects. Conduct NO review of Monitoring, monitor subgrantee audits, ensure corrective actions have been completed for subgrant monitoring in grant projects. May include travel to monitor and train subgrantees.
- Audit resolution – coordinate with stakeholders regarding resolution of audit findings from external, internal or special audits. Stakeholders might include WVUS IPG Core Team, GGCU, RGM's, NO, GC, FPMG, Regional FD Audit Preparation: in the event of inspector general and other external agency audits, complete review of accounting transaction, beneficiary record and other grant documents in advance of the external audit. Aid NO or other grant office to prepare for audit.
- Maintain risk register summary from Internal Audit reports. Internal audit reports are summarized by risk register rating. Register is updated as new Internal Audit reports are issued. Prepare analysis and reports risk register to be used by Global Center and WVUS leadership.
- Assist with Internal Audit report log maintained by WVUS. A log of audit issues pertaining to US Government grants is required by the external auditors, with notations as to how the issues have been cleared.
- Other Duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in accounting.
- Has knowledge and experience in all areas of finance and accounting, and audit.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organization aptitudes.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience preferably in public accounting.
- At least 1-year audit experience.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization (verbally and in writing).
- Can thrive in a multi-cultural, geographically dispersed work environment.
- CPA preferred but not required.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of audit process and purpose.
- Ability to explain complex auditing and accounting processes in simple terms.
- Have the heart of a consultant, a problem solver. Process improvement oriented.
- Experience in public accounting working on financial statement audits.
- Experience managing, auditing, or accounting for government grants.
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.