World Vision, Philippines
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Perform a wide variety of regular and recurring moderately complex to complex accounting functions including establishing accounting records, maintaining the general accounting system, and recommending modifications based on new regulations or policies.
Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Assess coding on all vouchers daily and recommend adjustments to originators.
- Prepare regular journal entries to the general ledger; post deposits and disbursements to the cash journal.
- Provide input for financial statements and prepare, run, review, and analyze accounting reports.
- Reconcile moderately complex subsidiary ledger accounts and checking accounts.
- Analyze, document, and review accounts.
- Communicate with customers on reconciling issues and articulate solutions.
- Train customers in Accounting Standard Operating Procedures, as appropriate. Prepare aging schedules and more complex audit schedules requiring some research and analysis.
- Prepare regular internal accounting reports for Finance department management.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of processes and make recommendations to leadership regarding internal controls, regulatory compliance, and workplace efficiencies.
- Develop appropriate understanding of the international World Vision partnership and use this context to inform communications, actions, decisions, recommendations and solutions.
- Remain current and increase knowledge in related areas utilizing self-study and/or continuing professional education efforts.
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or the equivalent.
- Has sufficient knowledge and experience in finance and accounting.
- Demonstrates effective computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, intranet and Internet, and various software applications and databases used in work efforts.
- A minimum of two years private/corporate accounting work experience; or if work experience is in public accounting, a minimum of one year.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrates and maintains a current working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as determined by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), knowledge of nonprofit accounting, gift-in-kind accounting, auditing standards, financial reporting and cash management.
- Effectively and efficiently assesses business controls and risk using appropriate tools and techniques. Demonstrates an understanding of the business implications of decisions and consistently strives to mitigate risk and improve organizational performance.