inSupply Health is an independent, regional advisory firm based in Nairobi that is pioneering new approaches to improve public health supply chains in East Africa. Drawing on the experience of our John Snow Inc. (JSI) affiliation, our team of dynamic local consultants works closely with public and private sector clients to design optimized, responsive and resilient supply chain systems. inSupply deploys systems that deliver essential health products such as antimalarial and HIV medications, vaccines and contraceptives in complex settings. We take proven methodologies from the commercial sector and adapt them to local conditions. We involve our clients closely in shaping their supply chains so they can own, implement and continuously improve their systems over the long term. We specialize in: developing supply chain maturity strategies, building organizational capacity for supply chains, designing and implementing data-driven, optimized supply chain systems and quantifying health commodity needs. inSupply doesn’t just help our clients select the right technology for better supply chain management. We also invest in people and processes, helping to build a culture of data use and continuous improvement.
Who we are looking for:
inSupply has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, organized, self-motivated and experienced Accountant. Under the supervision of the inSupply Finance and Administration Manager, the Accountant will engage in instituting accounting controls, recording and reporting of assets, liabilities and income and monitoring of disbursements of client funds in support of inSupply contracted activities.
- Responsible for the day to day accounting including ensuring documentation associated with financial transactions meets inSupply and client requirements, entering transactions into QuickBooks, reconciling advances and projecting and tracking expenditures and accruals;
- Ensure that monthly accounts are generated for each month by the 10th after the previous month ends.
- Ensure all inSupply accounts are reconciled and any variances are explained;
- Update expense tracking file and work with Finance and Administration Manager to generate invoices to clients on a monthly basis and submit by the contractual deadline;
- Enter payments towards invoices and any other revenue, ensuring that it is accounted appropriately in accounting books;
- Ensure all accounting systems in the company meet with the accounting principles and safeguard the resources of the company.
- Supervise filing and updating of financial documents in share point and hard copies in line with finance and office procedures.
- Work with inSupply auditor to prepare and submit year-end audit reports;
- As needed, gather documentation for client audits.
- Ensure inSupply has sufficient cash on hand at all times for ongoing operational costs;
- Work with Finance and Administration Manager to request advances from clients and track payments for invoices, in order to maintain cash flow.
- Conduct petty cash spots checks and prepare a reconciliation report (Cash held in the cash box & payment vouchers)
Statutory compliance and taxes
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya revenue authority.
- Process monthly statutory deductions and other staff deductions, in line with the Kenyan existing laws and deadlines.
- Work with the management team on quarterly updating of organizational budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Finance or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA qualification.
- 3-4 years accounting experience;
- Excellent hand on experience with QuickBooks accounting system desired.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self-motivation.
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail.
- Excellent listening and communication skills with sensitivity to communication differences.
- High level of attention to detail, ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and provide audit trails.
- Superior computer skills with a particular expertise in Excel.
- Experience with financial management for international donors.