EngenderHealth, Washington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Accountant is responsible for general ledger oversight, integrity in the recording of financial transactions, and timely reporting of financial operating results. Ensures financial ledgers and statements conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Conducts routine accounting activities, reviews and reports on financial status as required and assists in the preparation of external and internal audits.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Electronic banking and cash management experience.
- Reconciled bank and investment accounts including complex multi-currency.
- Worked with country-level programs, multiple donors, Donor’s compliance and revenue recognition requirements, and monitored sub-awardee compliance.
- Prepared quarterly SF425 reports with United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Demonstrate examples of confidentiality methods.
- Excel skills to create conditional formatting, formulas, and sorting.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Ability to prepare accurate and timely monthly financial closing.
- Collaboratively shares information and supports colleagues.
- Able to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines seamlessly.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Seven (7) years of experience in the sector.
- External audit preparation experience.
- GAAP knowledgeable.
- Worked with 3rd party payroll provider, such as ADP.
- Experience in complying with state registration fundraising filing requirements.
- Collaborated with other departments to fulfill reporting requirements of the donor.
- Assisted in preparation of annual tax return.
- Sage X-3 software enterprise resource planning (ERP) experience.
- Excel skills to create Vlookup, pivot table, data validation, logic statements (e.g., true/false and if/or/not/and), and macros.