World Vision, Chad
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator, the Accounting Officer is responsible for the accounting and financial operations of the projects for which he is responsible and ensures the application of the policies and procedures of the WVI Financial Manual and the World Programs / Projects Internal Control Manual. Vision Chad.
- Ensure all daily financial tasks related to planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, the closing and audit of the project are executed in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures e W orld V ision .
- Assist the project manager in budgeting in accordance with the detailed implementation plan and logical framework.
- Ensure the reliability, authenticity and completeness of the supporting documents to be used as the basis for payments and the preparation of accounting documents and the archiving of documents and accounts (Vouchers).
- Train the project team and partners on World Vision International financial policies and procedures and hold update sessions as needed.
- Manage petty cash for current office expenses in accordance with W orld Vision's Financial Handbook.
- Proceed daily to update the cash flow chart and submit it regularly to project managers before any payment action.
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure the effectiveness and quality of goods and services provided to project beneficiaries.
- Randomly choose a supplier who has bid in a procurement process to ensure its existence, the nature of its business, the relationship between the supplier and the project staff and also check whether the proposed amount is reasonable.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualification : Have at least a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Management .
- Experience: Have at least two years of experience in a similar position preferably with Non Governmental Organizations.