International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, Texcoco, Mexico
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries.
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Accounting Analyst to work in the Finance Department of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets processes including but not limited to:
- Support documentation and fiscal requirements review.
- Book of purchase orders, petty cash reimbursements, checks issuance, prepayments and expense allocation for multi-currency operations.
- A.T. posting and its refunding process.
- Liaise with representatives of the Mexican Ministry of Treasury.
- Adequate coding of expenditures.
- Process payment proposals in accordance with payments schedule and confirm payment details to suppliers.
- Vendor and fixed assets master databases set-up and maintenance.
- Send accounts statements of corporate credit cards and personal accounts.
- Post of fixed asset transactions for HQ, Experimental Stations and Regional Offices including activations, deactivations, transfers, sales, work in progress and depreciation.
- Conduct auctions of fixed assets.
- Perform annual counting of fixed assets.
- Assign new or damaged inventory tags to fixed assets.
- Monthly accounting closing per deadlines, including appropriate accruals booking, prepayments closing, account reconciliations, KPI’s and financial analysis.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and both local and foreign regulations.
- Validate and track information provided for internal and external audits.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and policies and improve performance measurements and quality controls.
- Enhance workflows and procedures.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service by resolving questions and issues quickly and accurately.
- Support users for ERP’s operation.
- Participate in ERP updates to enhance efficiency and business requirements.
- Lead on assigned projects related to Accounting Unit.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Administration or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets and Accounting.
- ERP knowledge, it would be a plus having experience with Dynamics 365 and automation processes.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Intermediate-Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- Available to travel for rising inventories in 4 experimental stations within Mexican territory.
- The candidate must exhibit self-directed, sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer Orientation, Pro-activity, Relationship Management, Problem-Solving, Communication, Teamwork and Achievement Orientation.