Accounting and Finance Assistant - GCMO
World Vision, Pasig City, Philippines
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Accounting and Finance Assistant – GC Manila serves as an assistant to the Accounting and Finance Officer and GC Accounting Operations Manager in managing the major financial accounting, budgeting and forecasting, payroll, taxation, internal and external audit requirements, as well as the local government and statutory compliance of the GC Manila Office.
- Act as local administrator for GT funding system. Forecasting and requesting funding three months in advance.
- Analyzes overall cash positions and determines funding needs.
- Reviews and approves accounting transactions.
- Prepares and reviews the monthly FR package (including BS/INC, Aging Analysis, Bank Recon, PBAS recon and Ac300 recon).
- Reviews and monitors analyses of BS/INC accounts.
- Assist in the GCMO year-end closing process and reporting.
- Coordinates with Global Treasury, GC Accounting, FRSC, P&C and other offices/departments in relation to GCMO financial transactions.
- Acts as an assistant payroll master for GCMO.
- Prepares/reviews GCMO payroll and ensures compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and approves payroll related journal entries.
- Ensures timely and accurate computation and reporting of salary and statutory deductions/gov’t contributions.
- Monthly and yearly statutory forms are submitted to relevant authorities.
- To compute expat tax based on information provided by expat.
- Streamline payroll processes.
- Maintains Sprout Payroll System.
Settlement Advise and Direct Charges:
- Reviews and monitors the SA & Direct Charges activities of GCMO.
- Ensures that all expenses are correctly charged out to different cost centers.
- Review PA creations for recurring or one offs to ensure amount is as per agreement.
- Prepares CCA10 and Ac300 Reconciliation and clear any reconcile items.
Audit and Tax:
- To ensure accurate and timely audit and tax compliance.
- To assist tax agent and auditors on any request.
- Prepare/Review tax schedules and payments.
Finance Related Matters: To assist in other finance matter and new initiatives as required by the manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy.
- Professional accountancy qualification preferred (e.g. Certified Public Accountant).
- Typically requires 2-3 years of accounting, finance and related IT software experience.
- Experience on financial reporting, payroll and taxation.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in using Sunsystem or any related accounting/payroll software system.
- Computer aptitude and experience in accounting software (especially SunSystems), work processing, database management (especially Lotus Notes) and spreadsheet software (advanced knowledge of MicroSoft Excel).
- Good interpersonal skills and experience in inter-relation with people in cross-cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in a service environment and ability to respond to deadlines.
- Non profit work environment to work in change management to improve the processes and efficiency of the accounting departments.
- Field experience in finance is preferred but not required.
- Work environment: Office based
- Travel: Not more than 5%
- On call: 15%