About the Organization:
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
About the Role
The Accounting Associate is a part of the global accounting team providing support and assists with the coordination of the financial accounting and reporting activities for operations across our International companies in US, UK and Africa. Accounting associates will be guided by Accounting Officers
What You Will Do
The Accounting Assistant is a part of the global accounting team and is responsible for accounting activities which includes but not limited to the following:
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to book, reconcile and report financials.
- Back-up month-end duties assigned to other Accounting Officers.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts (including making journal entries, accruals, and prepayments)
- Responsibility for the monthly management accounting for several newly created entities if any.
- Responsibility to ensure all deadlines are met in each country (reporting/tax)
- Oversee monthly payroll payments and journal entries.
- Monthly review of each entity/branch P&L and Balance Sheet
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting.
- Investigation and analysis of costs to resolve queries from the business
- Responsibility to take the lead in project work to improve overall financial processes/functions/reporting (Group)
What You Should Have
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Must be expert in GL function/Accounts Payables / Accounts Receivables
- Must be detail oriented and accurate in managing Financial Data
- Receiving and responding to vendor enquires and reconcile vendor account statements and assists in other general accounting duties
- Supplier statement reconciliations, aged creditor reports and pending item reviews as delegated by Supervisor
- Should be well versed with excel
Required / Preferred Qualification
- Graduate with accounts/commerce/finance background.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in GL, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Accounting
- Freshers with first class marks in
- B. Com, MBA, CA, ICWA candidates may be considered
- Should be a team player. Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be flexible with shift timings as per business requirement.
- Good communication skills, good command of spoken and written English