THE VALUES and PRINCIPLES of our action enshrined in our CHARTER:
- The patient first
- Revolutionizing humanitarian medicine
- Responsibility and freedom
- Improve the quality of our actions
- Collective intelligence
TREAT - INNOVATE - TOGETHER:
Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated more than 4 million patients, and today deploys its operations in 11 African countries. In 2019, we developed 41 humanitarian medical response projects to meet the needs of populations affected by conflict, epidemics and extreme poverty. All of these projects are carried out in support of the national health authorities through nearly 330 health structures (including 28 hospitals and 300 health centers). We work in partnership, especially with local NGOs, as soon as possible in order to ensure that our patients benefit from the expertise where it is found, whether in their country or in the rest of the world. Furthermore, to improve the humanitarian response,
THE ALIMA TEAM:
more than 2000 people currently work for ALIMA. The field teams, as close as possible to the patients, receive their support from the coordination teams generally based in the capital of the countries of intervention. These receive support from the 4 desk teams and the emergency and opening service team based at the operational headquarters in Dakar, Senegal. The Paris and New York teams are actively working on fundraising as well as representing ALIMA. The rest of the ALIMA Galaxy includes individuals and partner teams who work on behalf of other organizations such as medical NGOs BEFEN, ALERTE Santé, SOS Médecins / KEOOGO, AMCP, research organizations PACCI, INSERM, Universities of Bordeaux or Copenhagen, the NGO Solidarités International and many others.
OUR COUNTRIES OF INTERVENTION:
Mali, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cameroon, Guinea, South Sudan, Mauritania.
OUR PROJECT THEMES :
Malnutrition, Maternal Health, Primary Health, Pediatrics, Malaria, Epidemics (Ebola, Cholera, Measles, Dengue, Lassa), Hospitalization, Emergencies, Gender-Based Violence, mental health, ...
Dakar-based post in Senegal, ALIMA Operational Headquarters
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
Functional & hierarchical manager:
Administrative & Financial Director
Is the functional manager of the Headquarters Accounting team:
- Collaborates in particular with the staff administration office, treasury, desk financiers and internal audit service.
- The rest of the job description is written in neutral masculine.
The head of the accounting department produces and supervises the financial statements of the organization, in good application of accounting standards [French PCG, Accounting of Associations] and by being agile in responding to the needs of the Organization and its missions.
He manages and supervises the accounting team to achieve quality and accountability objectives for the missions and the CFO.
It provides quality accounting data and according to financial planning deadlines. It respects and improves the analytical aspects of the accounting to allow budgetary monitoring of missions and Headquarters.
It controls and validates the payroll tax operations for France and Senegal.
It deals with balance sheet and closing operations. He is supported by an accountant's office for the finalization of the closing works in order to produce the annual accounts.
The head of the accounting department optimizes and simplifies the accounting procedures by improving the tools and writing the Headquarters Accounting Guide.
- Supervise the entry, pointing and lettering of supplier accounting entries.
- Control and supervise the entry and payment of expenses.
- Supervise the accounting of payroll entries or the computer transfer of payroll software to accounting.
- Supervise the recording of treasury accounting operations.
- Report difficulties, complaints and disputes to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Supervise and sign bank reconciliation actions, analysis of accounts and balances of third parties.
- Simplify and streamline accounting processes to guarantee real-time and quality accounting.
- Accounting for Missions (12 countries in which ALIMA operates)
- Guarantee the availability of real-time accounting of the expenses incurred at Headquarters for the Missions, especially the charges that affect the missions.
- Ensure proper allocation of headquarters expenses according to the analytical instructions in the allocation table.
- Ensure good settings in connection with mission accounting to allow quality lettering and consolidation work at the annual closing.
- Define the configuration of analytical accounting and control its use for the analyzes requested by operational staff and managers.
- Lead the reflection on the evolution of the accounting plan to meet the needs of the organization.
Management of the annual closing
- Define a retro closing schedule for the entire accounting team
- Analyze the general accounts of provisions, fixed assets and the balance sheet in order to prepare the supporting document for the balance at the end of the year.
- Work with the accountant's office to allow the production of annual accounts within the expected time.
- Respond to the auditor, during his audit work and provide the appropriate elements of the closure file.
Tax and social security declarations
- Check the methods of calculation and declaration of bundles and monthly and annual tax declarations for Senegal.
- Collect and follow up with the French payroll management firm the tax declarations in order to trigger payments and guarantee proper accounting.
- Recruit, supervise, support and evaluate the head office accounting team (5 people) in order to allow the proper performance of tasks on time.
- Supervise the tasks carried out in good intelligence to prevent errors from persisting or being repeated in the accounts.
- Constantly train and support the team to allow each person's development and autonomy. **
- Propose possible adaptations to the composition of the accounting department according to changing needs. **
TRAINING, EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
Training and Knowledge:
- Bac + 5, Diploma in Accounting or Finance with demonstrated expertise in Accounting.
- Knowledge of French PCG and Association accounting.
- Knowledge of international institutional donors is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in accounting in positions with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up or revising accounting systems practices.
- Demonstrated experience of accounting for a large volume [2019 ALIMA, € 61 million in turnover, 250,000 HQ account lines. ].
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team of similar size (between 4 and 6 employees).
- Knowledge and mastery of pack office IT tools. Excellent command of Excel (advanced functions). Knowledge of ODOO is an asset.
Qualities of the candidate:
- Ability to simplify and streamline processes.
- Focus on priorities and results.
- Excellent ability to organize the distribution of tasks and the work of the team.
- Proactive in reducing risks and uncertainties.
- Ability to guarantee sufficient accounting standards while remaining agile.
- Ability to communicate and present financial data in a clear and concise manner.
- Teacher, appetite and capacity for capacity building.
- In line with the organization's values.
- Fluent in French, English is a plus.