United Nations Children's Fund, Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
Summary of key functions and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Accounting Officer, performs accounting functions in one of the following three functional areas, which may require some distinct processing requirements: 1) Procurement Services Accounting Unit (PSAU), 2) Procurement Services (PS) for the Global Alliance for Vaccine and Immunization (GAVI), and 3) Accounts and Invoice Certification Unit (Accounts).
- Performs financial accounting and analysis for the Unit. Processes, reviews and analyzes the FLS transactions and payments and account balances for area of responsibility, and identifies and initiates required adjustments.
- Creates, reviews and maintains master data in FLS relating to areas of responsibility. Establishes budget planning limitations in FLS and prepares budget revisions. Monitors project accounts to ensure compliance with financial limitations.
- Prepares financial reports for internal management and external donors and other third parties. Prepares exception and/or periodic reports, statements, schedules summaries analysis. Prepares documentation and work papers relating to areas of responsibility.
- Maintains data in Excel spreadsheets and Access databases to support the monitoring of special projects.
- Monitors and ensures systems and reports comply with UNICEF’s Financial Rules and Regulations, and third-party requirements.
- Identify and recommend system and process improvements identified during performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other ad hoc tasks in related areas as required and provide back up support to colleagues within the respective unit.
- To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residency permit as an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF.
- Secondary education and commercial courses in accounting and/or finance is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of general and successful accounting experience, preferably in an international / governmental (non-profit) organization in a highly computerized environment is required.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting application systems and procedures and IT software, e.g. Microsoft Office is required.
- Fluency in English is required.