Accounts Payable (AP)
WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
Accounts Payable (AP) is an integral part of the WorldFish’s Financial Management Unit. The function is responsible for issuing payments to WorldFish’s commercial suppliers, consultants, partners and collaborators. It is also responsible for ensuring that system controls and financial policies are fulfilled before payments are made, and expenses/liabilities are booked. Therefore, this function is immensely important and the incumbent will be exposed to multiple front-end processes such as Procurement, Grants & Contracts and Treasury/Banking. Together with the AP Accountant, the incumbent will provide financial and accounting support to WorldFish’ Financial Management Unit and his/her key responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist the AP Accountant in day-to-day operations such as (a) updating banking details in supplier profiles, (b) preparation of payment vouchers and checks/TT Forms, and (c) system invoice & payment registrations. The incumbent shall ensure that all entries into the systems (including bank portals) are authorized, complete and accurate; and payments are made on a timely basis.
- Assist HQ Project Accountant to compile relevant tax invoices to claim tax refund from the Royal Malaysian Customs. The incumbent shall ensure that all tax invoices are filed systematically to enable easy retrieval and audit.
- Work with Treasury function to ensure that there is adequate fund for payments to vendors, service providers, partners and collaborators via telegraphic transfers or checks.
- Assist the Financial Management Unit in various projects to enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency, including the establishment of centralized invoice receipt, automated batch payment runs and periodical compliance reporting.
- Facilitate the annual financial audit of WorldFish, as well as other project audits (which include the analysis and follow-up of AP balances).
- At least a Diploma in Accounting or equivalent (including part professional accountancy qualification)
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant working experience, preferably a computerized accounting environment (particularly Accounts Payable or General Accounting)
- Proficient in English language, both in written and verbal
- Meticulous, has good organizational and analytical skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Computer literate, a good team player and has good inter-personal skills
- Experience in basic book-keeping and AP control processes is definitely an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience in using ERP software system would be an advantage