Accounts Payable Assistant
World Vision, Philippines
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for reporting to the accounts payable team lead for processing invoices and verification of invoices while delivering a high level of service that meets or exceeds the Service Level Agreement on behalf of World Vision (WV) SSC in the South Asia Pacific Region.
- Responsible for processing all purchases (supplier invoices) and refunds (credit notes).
- Analyzing purchases by expense type.
- Obtaining invoice authorization.
- Match invoices with purchase orders, where applicable, purchase order requisitions, where applicable, and evidence of receipt of goods or services.
- Reconcile supplier accounts and resolve differences.
- Deal with supplier account queries via telephone, email and fax and resolve queries promptly.
- Monitor accruals for management accounts.
- Assist with purchasing, cash management and budgeting.
- Receiving and review supporting documentation from Global Centre, validate policies and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Disbursing petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Maintaining historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor´s Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 6 months work experience.
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experienced in interfacing with business customers in defining procurement service requirements or procurement/accounting information.
- Broad based experience in accounting and financial systems.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Experience in interfacing with business customers in resolving payment issues.
- Knowledge of WV’s policy and procedure in the area of finance, systems and products