Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is seeking an experienced, full-time- temporary A/P Clerk to perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. Knowledge of Deltek CostPoint is required, knowledge of Reqlogic desirable. This is a temporary position with the possibility of becoming a permanent position.
The A/P clerk will work collaboratively with program staff to ensure data entered in the accounting system will generate accurate invoices. The A/P Clerk will support the Accounts Payable cycle to ensuring accurate and timely payments.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Prepare CostPoint AP voucher attaching supporting documentation.
- Review CostPoint vouchers for mathematical and coding accuracy, in agreement with Reqlogic submissions.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Prepare and perform payment runs.
- Reconcile accounts payable transaction.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Support the review and verification of invoices and payment requests as needed (submissions received in ReqLogic).
- Assist with other general accounting duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience in accounting preferred.
- As least one-year experience working in Accounting/Bookkeeping.Experience with Deltek Costpoint.
- Experience with Reqlogic desired.
- Good knowledge of business English, spelling, and punctuation; office practices, procedures, and documents.
- Knowledge of electronic accounting software/database; basic Excel and Word skills.
- Knowledge of the use of office machines and equipment.
- Knowledge of operating practices; policies and procedures of an accounting department; ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies and procedures clearly and accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, business professionals, and the general public.
- Ability to project a positive, concerned image to the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish, maintain, and prepare records and reports.