Acquisition and Distribution Specialist
International Potato Center, Peru
Closing Date for Applications:
The objective of this position is to ensure the proper acquisition and distribution of germplasm according to national and international laws and standards. The person selected will be based in HQ-Lima, Peru and will report directly to the Head of Genebank.
- Ensure compliance with national regulation, intellectual property laws, international treaties (ITPGRFA), material transfer agreements (SMTA/MTA), and phytosanitary regulations relating to genetic resources and germplasm movement/exchange.
- Coordinate the ordering, documentation, pick-up, packing and shipping of genetic materials.
- Arrange the necessary procedures with SENASA for the transfer of genetic resources.
- Ensure that exported samples meet the phytosanitary requirements of the destination country.
- Serve as a liaison on germplasm movements between genebank, CIP researchers, and the general public
- Act as ISO/QMS Manager and ISO Lead Auditor (reporting directly to the General Director), monitoring the continuity of the procedures requested by the accrediting company.
- Provide training and capacity building on ISO or Quality Management System (QMS) related issues.
- Maintain records and database of all germplasm transfers and related paperwork.
- Comply with applicable health and safety CIP policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
- Master's degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Breeding, Plant Pathology, agronomy, or related area.
- Specialization as a paralegal, intellectual property, or international treaties with experience in agriculture is also highly desirable
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish. Interpersonal communication and strong teamwork skills.
- Specialization or knowledge of intellectual property, SMTA, MTAs, Quality management Systems, legal aspects of germplasm acquisition and movement, international regulation of genetic resources and/or Phytosanitary requirements and documentation