ACTIVITY MANAGER/STRATEGIC INFORMATION ADVISOR
FHI 360, Eswatini, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
The Activity Manager/SI Advisor will lead coordination and support technical management of all aspects of the activity, including all reporting and activity implementation responsibilities. This position will report to the M&E Lead within NERCHA. The Activity Manager/SI Advisor will have the following responsibilities:
Oversight and development of M&E systems and tools
- Provide management oversight for the entire portfolio of the project, including the design of the monitoring framework and on-going configuration of digital platforms (including visualization dashboards) to track outputs, intermediate and behavioral indicators at the community, regional, and country levels, by activity staff and partners, as identified in the project’s Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan.
Data analysis and reporting
- Visualize data as requested using District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) – Community Data for Action Platform (CDAP) and other Geographic Information Systems (GIS) functions (managing custom dashboards)
- Support project regional offices and work in close collaboration with the regional clinic partners and client management information system (CMIS) as well as project community and regional teams to assist in the triangulation and analysis of community prevention and care data with the clinical (HMIS) data.
- Track, analyze and produce comprehensive and succinct reports and documentation on indicators and measures, and manage reporting to PEPFAR’s DATIM system
- Conduct data cleaning and analysis on a monthly basis and produce graphs and reports for quarterly PEPFAR reporting.
Capacity strengthening and training
- Assist community and regional leaders to utilize tools to collect and analyze their own data for decision making
- Co-facilitate training workshops, including agenda, curriculum, manuals and materials necessary to appropriately train individuals involved in monitoring activities and data use.
- Train and oversee regional M&E officers and other field staff on the use of monitoring tools and CDAP, including trouble shooting for CDAP
- Provide support to and build the capacity of partner organizations and existing traditional structures to design, implement, and evaluate community engagement activities.
Coordination and communication
- Under the objectives of this activity coordinate with partners and stakeholders within the Ministry of Tinkhundla Administration and Development (MTAD), NERCHA, Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), Ministry of Health (MOH), PEPFAR and Global Fund partners about platform integration and regional and national reporting
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar with PEPFAR and United States Government (USG) monitoring and evaluation requirements, in particular PEPFAR reporting and MER indicators (including data entry and analysis in PEPFAR’s DATIM system)
- Ability to quickly learn digital techniques
- Mastery in knowledge and application of the monitoring continuum, socioecological model, and Pathways model within two months of hire
- Experience in GIS/Geospatial mapping, web-based data management system (preferably DHIS2 and/or Open Data Kit), and/or mHealth and mobile data collection
- Fluent in English and Siswati, both written and spoken; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with a web-based data management system
- Experience monitoring Social Behaviour Change programs
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Master’s degree in related field
- 7-9 years of experience in public health, epidemiology, behavioral or social science, demography, or related background