We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
DELIVER: PROJECT AND MISSION IMPLEMENTATION
- Provide group training and e counselling sessions to victims of CSE.
- Support the Local Psychologist and the Counselling Lead to stabilise participants and provide a therapeutic recovery environment in Kolkata.
- Deliver regular performance reports, and make yourself reachable during your working hours to your Supervisor.
- Liaise with local stakeholders and the broader community of interest when requested, and represent Seefar and TERA as required.
- DIRECT: GLOBAL MANAGEMENT
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
- Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
An Excellent Candidate
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience as a counsellor
- Hold an undergraduate degree
- Based in Mumbai or Kolkata
- Previous experience of facilitating training is mandatory
- Fluent/Superior writing skills in English, Hindi, and either Marathi or Bengali
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to coordinate with teams and local stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable groups, and a thorough understanding of confidentiality.
- Expertise in one or more of Seefar’s themes (modern slavery, migration, security/justice) preferred but not required.