FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
The position is based in FAO Representation in Islamabad, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, close collaboration with Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) the Admin Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
- Conduct administrative support functions in relation to staff, office premises, furniture, equipment, vehicles and transport in accordance with FAO guidelines
- Support the management in office administration / management.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct administrative support functions in relation to staff, office premises, furniture, equipment, vehicles and transport in accordance with FAO guidelines.
- Maintain inventories of non-expendable items of furniture, equipment and vehicles
- Ensure adequate maintenance of office premises, all equipment, security appliances and vehicles.
- Ensure correct maintenance of vehicle log books and records of fuel and repair or maintenance by all drivers.
- Provide general office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of offices.
- Review, record, route and/or process mail or other documents; gather pertinent background material; track and monitor follow-up action as required.
- Arrange to keep a track of all incoming and outgoing correspondence including pouch/mail and ensure follow-up actions.
- Supervise janitorial staff.
- Timely processing of utility bills.
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Graduate preferably in Administration or related field
- Five years of progressively responsible administrative and office management experience
- Good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
- Being a National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered
- Working experience with UN and/or international organizations will be an asset;