Admin & Finance Assistant
Dan Church Aid, Gambella, Ethiopia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Main tasks of the position:
The role of the Administration and Finance Assistant is to handle all cash transactions and administration/HR related activities. She/he is responsible for effecting cash, maintaining & updating cashbook, Office management, and HR management of Gambella Field Office. S/he works under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Coordinator.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities.
- Handle all cash transactions of the field office.
- Maintain and update field office cashbook on daily basis and have up-to-date petty cash balances.
- Keep all cheque pads in the safe box.
- Ensure withholding tax receipt is issued whenever tax is withheld from purchase of goods and services.
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to DCA financial guidelines and control systems.
- Ensure all financial documents are properly filed and handled.
- Effect all cash for authorized payments.
- Ensure all necessary documents are attached to the payment request before effecting any payment.
- Follow-up cash advances and ensure they are duly refunded and/or settled.
- Make daily cash count for balance checking purpose and investigate the possible differences and their causes (if any).
- Perform coding and record cash transactions in the daily cashbook.
- Check the validity of the invoices.
- Maintain proper records management for all Administrative correspondences & records.
- Updates personnel files of field office employees.
- Ensure field office employees records & files are kept safely.
- Make sure that all-important records are attached in each staff file.
- Keep and updates annual leave tracking sheets of all field office staffs.
- Make sure annual leaves, R&R leaves, sick leaves, compensatory leaves and other types of leaves are utilized as per DCA staff procedure manual & all leave records are attached in each staff file.
- Ensure office arrangements and set up are attractive, conducive & economical.
- Make sure offices, guesthouses, premises & other facilities are clean & ready to use.
- Make sure that refreshment services are served for field office employees timely and properly
- Distribute staff phone credit on monthly basis
- Make sure all communication systems & equipment are functioning properly, and they are utilized in economical ways.
- Make flight booking for field office staffs whenever they travel for company business as well as R&R leaves.
Key Qualifications / Experience:
- Diploma or B.A Degree in Business Management, Accounting or any other related Field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in similar Experience for BA and more that four years for Diploma
- NGO Experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent skills in written an oral English and computer literate
Technical & Other Skills
- Good level of computer literacy, including database applications.
- Working experience in similar context is an asset.
- Working capability in English is required. Working knowledge of a local language is an advantage.