WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Overall purpose of the role:
TO achieve the overall & specific position's objective the finance assistant will perform the following tasks & undertake the following responsibility, but are not limited..
- Verfiy & ensure that required document action & authorized presented before effecting payment.
- Operates the petty cash & cash in DRC office funds by holding the authorized level of cash
- Make daily cash payment & cash receipts for project expenditure
- Keep check Pads/receipts in safe custody & carefully files all used ones
- Ensure cash collected is deposited immediately
- Keep & update cash records on daily basis
- Stamp original documents "PAID/RECEIVED" before sending Documents to finance & admin officer for posting.
- Prepares/Submits check, Cash payment & cash receipt to be posted in to cash book by the finance & admin officer
- Prepare daily cash/fund requirements & prepare transfer order for approval
- Draw/Deposit Cash from Cash from the bank
- Follow up preparation & payment of monthly income tax, withholding & arrange payment to the appropriate tax authority
- Assist the finance & Administration officer in his day to day activities
- Keep Cash safe boxes as per the policies, procedure & regulation of DRC for cash safekeeping.
- Distribute Cash in field location for cash for work activity of the project
- Other comparable duties that may be assigned to this position from time to time, in general support of DRC activities
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: At least (2-3) years’ experience in the field of Administration in governmental organization
- Holding Bachelor Administration (BBA) from recognized institute
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is required
- Demonstrated Communication skills & ability to work effectively under time constraints & take initiatives
- Good knowledge of English
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaboration: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC-DDG vision and values.
- Availability: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Kandahar, Afghanistan