The position is based in FAO Project Office in Quetta, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan and direct supervision of the Project Manager / CTA Balochistan and close coordination with Finance/Administrative Officer.
Technical Focus: Maintenance of project account and administrative support in accordance with FAO guidelines.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for routine day-to-day maintenance of project accounts.
- Responsible for accounts completion and reconciliation of the project imprest account under the supervision of Finance and Administrative Officer.
- Assist in the financial aspects of estimates, tenders, procurement and other financial functions of the FAO Project, ensuring routine compliance with established FAO norms and procedures.
- Timely processing of utility bills and check bills for accuracy, prepare DV/AV/RV.
- Assist in preparation of financial reports.
- Assist in preparation of staff salaries through the Bank/FAO Islamabad. Ensure the request for salary payment for staff is accurate and made well in advance each month with the requisite details, including deductions etc.
- Maintain filing relating to financial matters.
- Scrutinize financial proposals and supporting documents ensuring accuracy and compliance, check if the cost sharing agreement is attached and estimates are arithmetically correct, instalments modes are clearly mentioned etc.
- Assist in maintaining inventories of non-expendable items of furniture, equipment and vehicles.
- Assist in developing a payment monitoring system in close consultation with Finance and Administrative Officer.
- Conduct administrative support functions in relation to staff, office premises, furniture, equipment, vehicles and transport in accordance with FAO guidelines.
- Ensure adequate maintenance of office premises, all equipment, security appliances and vehicles.
- Ensure correct maintenance of vehicle log books and records of fuel and repair or maintenance by all drivers.
- Provide general office support services to help ensure the smooth functioning of offices.
- Review, record, route and/or process mail or other documents; gather pertinent background material; track and monitor follow-up action as required.
- Arrange to keep a track of all incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Business Administration with concentration in Finance;
- Minimum 03 years of professional experience, in related field including both finance and administration;
- Good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, critical information gathering, good communication skills (including in local languages/dialects) and ability to work effectively in difficult and stressful conditions.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong coordination skills and flexible.
- Ability to communicate in local languages, adequate English verbal skills.
Selection Criteria: Prior working experience with UN will have an added advantage.