Routine immunisation (RI) against vaccine preventable diseases (e.g. measles, polio, TB, tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough) is one of the most cost effective interventions for reducing childhood illness and mortality. Universal Immunization Programme (UIP) is an ambitious programme of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India that aims to reduce morbidity and mortality due to vaccine preventable diseases (VPD). Joint Review Missions and Common Review Missions organized by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on a regular basis have noted that whilst UIP performance in India has improved overtime, there still remain a number of key constraints impacting immunization coverage in the country. Further, there are significant inequities in vaccination coverage in different states based on factors related to individual (gender, birth order), family area (area of residence, wealth, and parental education), demography (religion, caste) and the society (access to health care, community literacy level) characteristics.
Some of the main constraints currently preventing India from achieving a quality immunization programme with universally high coverage rates relate to Cold Chain and Vaccine Logistics Management. There is limited cold chain infrastructure and capacity in many states – even for routine UIP vaccines. Systematic efforts to identify gaps and address issues in cold chain and VLM have been conducted in recent years. Key constraints identified include: inadequate and poor infrastructure, HR issues including technical capacities; weak monitoring and MIS issues; and Vaccine management. These constraints have led to high breakdown rate of equipment, overstocking and stock outs, inadequate monitoring and supervision, poor management thus hampering improved vaccine coverage.
- The GAVI Alliance-funded Health System Strengthening (HSS) programme is one of the efforts of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) to improve the quality and level of immunization coverage in India.
- UNDP under the GAVI HSS grant 2017-2021 will address some of the above-mentioned issues by the development of an integrated and innovative solution that aims to provide real time information of vaccines stocks at the various level of the Routine Immunization Programme as well as have real time information on the temperature at the various levels of storage in various states of the country. Moreover, UNDP will strengthen the evidence base for improved policy-making on programmatic areas through a well developed and implemented national M&E plan and research framework.
- For the specific purpose above UNDP intends to recruit the Admin and Finance Associate to be based at Ranchi, Gandhinagar, Bhopal and Raipur and work under the direct supervision of respective Senior Project Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the financial management of projects which includes:
- Operating ERP based Financial Accounting System for preparation of vouchers for the project (including the processing of vendor creation and settling of travel claims), maintenance of the internal expenditure control system, creation of requisitions in the system, making budget checks in the system;
- Financial monitoring of contracts and bringing to notice of the Unit Head all issues needing attention;
- Presentation of information for project audit.
Provide administrative assistance support for the following functions:
- Organising workshops, seminars, and Steering Committee meetings;
- Procurement support to the project by compiling and preparing contract documents and ensuring submission and follow-up with the UNDP procurement unit;
- Booking arrangements for project related travel;
- Maintenance of project inventory and preparation of inventory reports;
- Maintenance of project files, documents, correspondence and communications;
- Other routine office and administration functions.
- To do Micro-purchasing at state level and also follow the process through intranet of UNDP in consultation with National team
- Regular follow-up with mobile service providers like Airtel, Vodafone Idea Limited for SIMs related issues.
- To work closely with external agencies (third party) on travel entitlement calculation and ensure timely reimbursement to SPOs and POs who have been recruited through third party.
- Support UNDP project staffs on T& E module.
- Guide project staff relating to mobile warranty issues on regular basis.
Support the Senior Project officer in:
- Follow up with Project Officers on financial and progress reports;
- Organization and systematization of documentation and reference materials, including classifying and sorting important papers, and filing relevant papers and maintaining proper record of important files;
- Necessary operational support for implementation functions and activities including organization of meetings and coordination in day to day activities.
- Managing the time management of Senior Project Officer
- Support National Project Officer in ensuring proper management of Service Contracts;
- Maintenance of leave records;
- Supporting travel arrangements and claim processing;
- Ensure organization of meetings and events and related processing of vouchers and claim settlement.
- Support project staff for their contract extension documentation and renewal their ID cards etc.
- Perform any other tasks assigned from time to time by the Senior Project Officer of the respective State.
Job knowledge and technical expertise:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Good facilitation and communication skills;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce or related field
- Specialized certification in Accounting and Finance is an asset
- At least 5 years professional experience in finance with the national and international development agency;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft and Tally software will be an asset
- Experience in the procurement of goods & services is desirable
Language: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Hindi and English