Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
• Through overall supervision of Team Leader- Water Governance in FATA (Environmental Cell) Project, the incumbent will be responsible to undertake all Admin & Finance related work of the SDC FATA Environment Cell.
• Ensure the implementation of Financial and Admin related policies in the Project.
• Prepare and maintain quarterly advances and financial reports and keep a track of all funds released by the SDC FATA Cell.
• Prepare necessary documentation for quarterly advances and their settlement in line with the SDC standard financial procedures.
• Maintain ledger of financial commitments and advances, ensure settlement of advances in accordance with agreed contract.
• Prepare monthly project reports and other required reports as per the schedule.
• Prepare payments requests/travel claims with the supporting documentation and liaison for payment follow-ups.
• Handle all financial and administrative matters of the meetings, workshops and seminars organized under the project.
• Maintain project petty expenses and ensure entries in petty cash register, maintain general ledger to keep record of project accounts.
• Organize the financial audit as per the agreement in coordination with the donors.
• Provide support to the Water Governance FATA Environment Cell to prepare tender documents, disseminate, prepare bids tabulation and ensure quality and quantity of goods before delivery; receive and check invoices from the suppliers and initiate payment requests.
• Assist in inventory management of both expendable and non-expendable project items. Also responsible for the project file management i.e. to maintain an accessible filing system in the project.
• Prepare Cash Payment Vouchers, Bank Payment Vouchers, and Journal Vouchers together with complete supporting documentation in support to every financial transaction.
• Maintain, update and keep track of inventory of assets at SDC FATA Environment Cell, coordinate with central admin to ensure projects and IUCN resources;
• Act as focal person for yearly project audit.
• Arrange logistics/travel related matters of project team.
• Ensure adequate supply of stationery for staff, its distribution and inventory of stocks.
• Maintain up to date list of files and reports etc.
• Keep track of budgets and ensure that expenses are strictly monitored monthly and that monthly expenses are on target.
• Carry out any other relevant tasks as required by the mutually agreed with the line manager/supervisor(s).
• The incumbent should have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
• At least five-to-seven years experience in administration and financial management with international organizations, preferably in the development sector.
• The candidate must have knowledge of computers, MS Excel, and must be proficient in the use of recent accounting software.
• Experience of working on ERP is desirable.
• Expertise in project budget formulation and implementation will be an added advantage.
• The candidates must be well versed in written and spoken Urdu/English/local language with strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and willing to travel in connection with project activities.